Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Philadelphia Field Trip with MDL

GO PHILLIES!!!

At my first Phillies game with my first Hatfield Hot Dog! YUMMY =)
Even though they lost, we had a great time!


On the ride back to Mary D. Lang after a long day of learning!

Miss Smith and I with a copy of the Declaration of Independence!

Benjamin Franklin's burial site.

At Franklin Court for a little lunch break =)

The Commodore Barry Statue!

Miss Smith and friends at the Liberty Bell!!

Our tour guide Mr. C. teaching us about the liberty bell before we saw it!

On the bus on the way to Philadelphia!!!

Betsy Ross's House--She made the first stars and stripes American Flag!!

At the first church in Philadelphia where Ben Franklin is buried!

Strolling the streets with my new friends!

Independence Hall

The printing press where the Declaration of Independence was printed!!


Yesterday, the fifth graders at Mary D. Lang took me on a field trip to Historic Philadelphia, PA! I learned so much from our great tour guide Mr. C. and the fifth graders taught me a lot too! We visited many historic sites like Betsy Ross's House, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Commodore Barry's Statue, the printing press where the Declaration of Independence was pressed, and Franklin's Court!

We even went to the first church in Philadelphia and saw Benjamin Franklin's grave site! I will miss my new friends from Mary D. Lang Elementary School! They have taught me so many great things to take with me on my travels. Today I am heading to Overbrook Education School in Philadelphia to be with a third grade class for the next week, I can't wait to see what new and exciting things I will learn there! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment